betts13

Restaurants That Bake Their Own Bread Etc?

Rate this topic

I have read some information that it might be best to avoid any restaurants that bake their own bread or desserts etc. The issue would be the flour in the atmosphere cross-contaminating other menu items.

Has anyone else been given that advice? If they do minimal baking does that make a difference? Or should they be avoided anyway? Was this just so obvious I shouldn't have even asked???

I have read some information that it might be best to avoid any restaurants that bake their own bread or desserts etc. The issue would be the flour in the atmosphere cross-contaminating other menu items.

Has anyone else been given that advice? If they do minimal baking does that make a difference? Or should they be avoided anyway? Was this just so obvious I shouldn't have even asked???

Honestly, my experience is anecdotal. Wish it could have been more scientific, but I do avoid donut shops, bakeries, and spilled flour @ grocery stores. Had a few episodes of celiac type symptoms, from taking my toddler to get a donut at Crispy Cremes and other donut shops. I didn't have anything to eat or drink.