foodiegurl

Glutened Right Before Retest, What To Do?

Rate this topic

I have been gluten-free for over a year and feel great, and very rarely get glutened, but then yesterday I go to my annual physical, and ask for my levels to be retested.....my Dr gives me the form to do it on Monday, and on the way home I buy some TrueNorth Almond Clusters to try for the first time since their web site says gluten-free.....and I get glutened! I felt so horrible with my insides on fire, it was such a miserable experience.

So now my question is....do I postpone the test? Because I would hate to waste getting the test done after all my hard work, only to have antibodies show up because of this stupid glutening...and if so, how long should I wait to do it?

Cheers!

If your concerned it may throw off the test I would think waiting until the reaction is over would ease your mind a bit. Since it is stressed so hard that we not go gluten-free before the test even for a short time I would think the antibodies most likely would leave the blood within a couple of weeks to a month. Don't know for sure and for certain though.

I thought the same thing, but with my luck...it will come back elevated, and I was so ready to get a negative result and then I have to go mess it up by eating gluten nuts :(

Well it takes several months for those anti-bodies to go down. So you could take it now, knowing it will be elevated or wait another 2-3 months...just dont get glutened again. I've had those clusters and didnt react-- it was probably a bad batch (too bad cause they're pretty good!)