K8ling

Sticky Fingers!

Rate this topic

Went out to celebrate our anniversary last night, and we went to Sticky Fingers since we had a date there in college. I told the waitress about my allergy and OMG she was great! She even knew what it was! She went and got the Manager who had a list of all the foods w/Gluten in them and I cross referenced the menu and was able to eat with my husband, son and no fear of CC! Next time I am taking my own bbq sauce and seasoning (he said to go ahead!) and I can have ribs!

It was a great first experience eating out and I am SO HAPPY about it! Any other great days yesterday? I know I can't be alone lol.

It was a great first experience eating out and I am SO HAPPY about it! Any other great days yesterday? I know I can't be alone lol.

I've rarely been out or gotten take out since being gluten-free but I have a few places I know that I can trust. One is a Vietnamese restaurant near me that knows all about food allergies. They are always very attentive and ask lots of questions and know lots already but they make sure that they have covered all of your food allergies. Another is a bar-restaurant I go to sometimes with friends and I know a few of the meals are safe and I have asked so what do you put in the sauce and they have happily found out. I have never gotten sick from there.

But today I went to the market to grab a few things. Dave's Market now has a prepared food section, you know live people with pizza and mexican etc. Well none of it is safe except for the sushi bar. I have a real love for eel (yummmmmmmmmmmm) but they usually put this spicy sauce on it which contains soy sauce. Well, the lady who was preparing the sushi asked me if I had any questions and I told her and she made me a tray of dragon rolls without the sauced and made sure that I didn't have an allergy to nuts or seeds. And she left out the soy sauce packet but gave me extra wasabi (yummy) and ginger. I was really in the mood for eel too ... and now I can have it.

I am so happy that you had such a nice, safe dinner and esp. on your anniversary too!!

I remember that your hubby is being deployed soon and that makes it even nicer as there is one less thing to think about on such a special evening :)

Congrats on your anniversary and on your first successful meal eat.

May there be many more of both!!

~Allison