BrownEyedGirl

Finally Some Answers ... And Relief

Rate this topic

Well, last night I ended up in the ER for the second time this week for this severe rash I've been having. They are saying it's allergic dermatitis caused my allergies to wheat and casein. I've done gluten-free/CF for short periods of time in the past, but after a while, I was able to re-introduce it into my diet. The doctor told me that it's time for me to completely eliminate them, so today is my first day. I'm already noticing a difference. The last few days, it flared up really bad less than 10 minutes after I eat, but today I haven't had any additional itching or swelling and I ate about an hour ago. :) He told me I need to start gluten-free/CF immediately, start keeping a food diary, gave me higher doses of steroids for the rash, and is referring me to a dermatologist.

Oh god!

Don't you love it when you get a straight, solid, non-wiffly answer!!!

Hooooooooraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! :lol:

I am very happy for you and I am glad that you are starting to feel better already.

May it continue for a long time :)

~Allison

Thank you. I didn't have any itching until 7pm last night, when I used to having a flare-up every time I eat. That's definitely some progress!