BrownEyedGirl

Got A Diagnosis

Rate this topic

I was diagnosed with DH by my dermatologist yesterday. She didn't do a biopsy though since I've been taking steroids for about a week now. Though she also said that it looks like a textbook case of DH, and since I've gotten a positive response to diet change, everything points to that. That was ok with me ... I was more looking for some relief, rather than actual testing/diagnosis, but I guess now I know for sure what it is. She gave me a prescription for a topical cream to help get rid of the lesions and to keep with the diet. I've only on my fourth day of the diet and it's made dramatic change ... it actually didn't start getting better until about 2 days on the diet, despite the medication. But anyway, she wants me to let her know right away if/when it gets worse or re-occurs.

Congratulations on your diagnosis. Hopefully now that you know for sure what you're up against, things will get better for you! :) It looks like they already are improving a bit. I've been on the diet almost a year now and I'm STILL finding little ways that my quality of life has improved. It may not be fun to have Celiac Disease, but it's a heck of a lot better to KNOW you have it than to wonder what's causing all your problems.