BrownEyedGirl

Was Almost Gone And Now It's Coming Back

Rate this topic

Was diagnosed with DH earlier this week. I've been on a gluten-free/CF diet for about 6 days now and have been using a topical. I just have a few little dots left on my arms, and some purple marks on my thighs. So, everything was healing. Anyway, I had a little itching late last night and then today I woke up ... the bumps had gotten just slightly more pronounced and I had new ones in another spot. They aren't quite blisters, but you can definitely tell something is forming. How frustrating. I also didn't feel so great when I woke up either ... bloating, stomach pain, etc.

Was diagnosed with DH earlier this week. I've been on a gluten-free/CF diet for about 6 days now and have been using a topical. I just have a few little dots left on my arms, and some purple marks on my thighs. So, everything was healing. Anyway, I had a little itching late last night and then today I woke up ... the bumps had gotten just slightly more pronounced and I had new ones in another spot. They aren't quite blisters, but you can definitely tell something is forming. How frustrating. I also didn't feel so great when I woke up either ... bloating, stomach pain, etc.

BAsed on your skin and GI symptoms it looks like you've been glutened. If only your DH flared, I would say that it wasn't unusual, sometimes DH gets worse before it gets better. Since you're just starting going gluten-free, I would check everything you've ate or come into contact with. Also check your beauty products, especially lip gloss/stick and moisturizers. Shampoos and body washes sometimes contain wheat, and even though you won't get sick from touching them, if the suds gets in your eyes or nose and you swallow it, you could get glutened. If you post some of the suspect foods we can help you ID what may be the culprit. Hang in there!

BAsed on your skin and GI symptoms it looks like you've been glutened. If only your DH flared, I would say that it wasn't unusual, sometimes DH gets worse before it gets better. Since you're just starting going gluten-free, I would check everything you've ate or come into contact with. Also check your beauty products, especially lip gloss/stick and moisturizers. Shampoos and body washes sometimes contain wheat, and even though you won't get sick from touching them, if the suds gets in your eyes or nose and you swallow it, you could get glutened. If you post some of the suspect foods we can help you ID what may be the culprit. Hang in there!

It was most likely what I ate for dinner that night. I had pretty bad bloating and stomach pain afterwards, and then of course, the skin symptoms. My dad made a casserole which was just ground beef, green pepper, tomato sauce and rice. I'm feeling a little better today and my GI symptoms are much better. The skin symptoms are still there, but visibly easing up.