BrownEyedGirl

Well...

Rate this topic

I'm going back to the doctor today. I was diagnosed with DH last week, and it was almost the way gone just three days ago. However, after finishing the steroids I was on, it starting coming back in full force. It's unclear whether the it's caused by cleaning the kitchen/seperating the gluten and gluten-free items in the kitchen over the weekend, or if it's another food intolerance. So hopefully, I will get some answers.

I'm going back to the doctor today. I was diagnosed with DH last week, and it was almost the way gone just three days ago. However, after finishing the steroids I was on, it starting coming back in full force. It's unclear whether the it's caused by cleaning the kitchen/seperating the gluten and gluten-free items in the kitchen over the weekend, or if it's another food intolerance. So hopefully, I will get some answers.

DH doesn't come from other intolerances. It is a for sure diagnosis of celiac. It can take the antibodies some time to clear the skin until then you may be very sensitive to the least amount of gluten. If you go back to the doctor he may want to give you dapsone. If he does make sure you read the side effects and warnings. DH will clear on it's own if you are strict with the diet. It doesn't happen overnight though.