k2626

Bowel Issues?

Rate this topic

I have read that diarreha is widely common with celiac. I am still waiting for my labs as many of you know as my GI thinks my symptoms of-gerd, stabbing joint pains, nueropathy, muscle twitching, nail abnormality and pancreas inflammation is due to celiac---however, I do not have diarreha, if anything I have the opposite problem once and away.

I read that the gene test can take 2.5 wks to return so I am anxiously awaiting...hoping it comes back pos

I have read that diarreha is widely common with celiac. I am still waiting for my labs as many of you know as my GI thinks my symptoms of-gerd, stabbing joint pains, nueropathy, muscle twitching, nail abnormality and pancreas inflammation is due to celiac---however, I do not have diarreha, if anything I have the opposite problem once and away.

I read that the gene test can take 2.5 wks to return so I am anxiously awaiting...hoping it comes back pos

I think constipation is just as common as diarrhoea. I alternated between them constantly for about a year before I was diagnosed.

An even more common symptom is no bowel issues at all. Apparently only 10% of Coeliacs have the "classic" symptoms that are usually associated with Coeliac disease. Others present atypically and more than 30% are completely asymptomatic.

Diarrhea is "common" with celiac, but constipation is also not uncommon. Too many doctors don't know that diarrhea is not only a "primary presenting symptom" (just like being underweight isn't) but also not nearly as frequent as they believe.