polarbearscooby

Got Glutened Today

Rate this topic

I'm fairly new at this ( I've only known for 8 months ) but I've been very good about sticking to the diet as I'm super sensitive. But today I got some food that must have been cross contaminated... Any tips for a quick recovery? Right now I feel like crud

I'm fairly new at this ( I've only known for 8 months ) but I've been very good about sticking to the diet as I'm super sensitive. But today I got some food that must have been cross contaminated... Any tips for a quick recovery? Right now I feel like crud

I'm so sorry to hear about your "accident". I'm dealing with the same thing(s). It's rough.

Somebody here said that drinking lots of water helps her with accidental glutenings. It makes sense, since water provides a natural "flush".

Hope it works for both of us too!

I have a lot of GI issues and mental fog when I eat gluten. What has helped, thanks for the recommendations from this board, is eating more carbs, less veggies. Lean meat, gluten-free bread, rice, chips, potatoes, etc. that has helped lessen my GI reaction and make it more livable. I also up my probiotics.

Thanks! This explains why I seem to really need water whenever I get glutened. Plus I always want steak....