Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nyctexangal

Probiotic?

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Celiac and I'm currently soy, gluten, dairy, egg, oil, and egg free...and looking for a probiotic- lol. =) Anyone, with these issues, have one that you would suggest? Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Daignosed Celiac -Feb 2010

Gluten Free

Dairy Free

Legume Free

Egg Free

Oil Free

Soy Free

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Everyone!

I'm a Celiac and I'm currently soy, gluten, dairy, egg, oil, and egg free...and looking for a probiotic- lol. =) Anyone, with these issues, have one that you would suggest? Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

I've been using Digest Gold with Probiotics. I'm very sensitive to gluten and I've had no issues with it. I'm still learning about probiotics, so I'll be interested in seeing what others here have to say.

Also, for anyone who hasn't seen it, there is an article here about the latest research in probiotics: https://www.celiac.com/articles/22105/1/Major-Breakthrough-Prebiotics-and-Probiotics-Can-Reduce-Inflammation-and-Reduce-Symptoms-of-Celiac-Disease/Page1.html

Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

I am dairy, gluten and soy free and I use PB8. I like it a lot. Bought it at Whole Foods. The folks that work in that section are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Here you can see the ingredient list:

http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/p-7241-pb-8-pro-biotic-acidophilus.aspx

40 year old former foodie on a quest to feel better!

-IgE to oats and rye

-Diagnosed with
Colitis
via endoscopy/colonoscopy Oct '10

-Following
FODMAP
diet since June '10, Positve
SIBO
test, July '10

-Diagnosed
non-celiac gluten intolerant
June '10 (celiac in March '10, endocsocopy in Oct '10 shows no signs of celiac)

-
Osteopenia
June '10

-
Gluten free
since July '09 &
Soy free
since December '09

-
Dairy free
since '06

-
IBS & Sjogren's
diagnosed '05

-
RA
diagnosed as a toddler

Thank you both sooooo much! I just went out and bought the PB8! Looking forward to trying it out.

Daignosed Celiac -Feb 2010

Gluten Free

Dairy Free

Legume Free

Egg Free

Oil Free

Soy Free

I am dairy, gluten and soy free and I use PB8. I like it a lot. Bought it at Whole Foods. The folks that work in that section are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Here you can see the ingredient list:

http://www.nutritiongeeks.com/p-7241-pb-8-pro-biotic-acidophilus.aspx

Kayo -- what do you like about this product? I'm thinking of trying it. Thanks.

Gluten Intolerant with double HLA-DQ6. Pre-diagnosis: Weight gain, swelling, diarrhea, mouth sores, back pain, body aches, fatigue, muscle weakness, BRAIN FOG, runny nose, recurrent sinus infections, bruising, low white cell count (whole life), and more. My feet were so bad, I could hardly walk. Toward the end: Chronic Vit. D deficiency (almost no D in my body despite a quality multi-vit. each day).

There is hope! Gluten-free since Sept. '09, and I have my life back - I feel better than in many, many years!

Favorite quotation: "You must do the thing you think you cannot do." - Eleanor Roosevelt

It seems to help with digestion and keeping things running smoothly and how my middle feels in general. I have much less gas and bloating and discomfort. I'm new to probiotics so I have nothing to compare it to but I like it and do notice it working. Sometimes vitamins/supplements make me feel crappy and this one doesn't.

40 year old former foodie on a quest to feel better!

-IgE to oats and rye

-Diagnosed with
Colitis
via endoscopy/colonoscopy Oct '10

-Following
FODMAP
diet since June '10, Positve
SIBO
test, July '10

-Diagnosed
non-celiac gluten intolerant
June '10 (celiac in March '10, endocsocopy in Oct '10 shows no signs of celiac)

-
Osteopenia
June '10

-
Gluten free
since July '09 &
Soy free
since December '09

-
Dairy free
since '06

-