Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skylark

Confused About Nuts

That is true, there is a year time to do so.

The two companies I mentioned I have been in contact with. If you like I can send your their contact info and you can contact them yourself. I use nuts primarily in my products and having family and friends who are allergic to gluten has pushed me to double check with every manufacturer I use to make sure.

Also, foods being shared with the same machines as gluten aren't 100% safe from gluten getting onto the gluten free product, but the companies are suppose to take every measure possible to reduce it. I do stay away from products like that and go for products that are gluten free and then check with the manufacturer to make sure.

Thank you for the info on those companies. I'll give them a call.

Also, companies do not need "to take every measure possible" to clean their lines of allergens. I've heard of many that do not clean their lines at all. That's why it's important to ask. Just don't want any new people to get confused. :)

That being said, I did contact Blue Diamond because I've heard mixed things about their gluten free status and people reacting to their products. The woman who I spoke with said that they take particular care to clean their lines and assured me that their almonds (aside from two products) are gluten free. Below is the follow up email I got:

Thank you for contacting Blue Diamond Growers with your product inquiry.

Our Gluten Free products include:

NUT-THINS Crackers (all 6 flavors)

o     made with no wheat or gluten ingredients

o     made in a wheat & gluten free facility 

ALMOND BREEZE non-dairy almond milk beverage

o     no wheat or gluten ingredients are used in making this product line

o     product is made on a dedicated line

Most of our almonds are wheat & gluten free. The ones you will want to avoid are the following:

o     AVOID BOLD Wasabi & Soy Sauce (wheat is in the seasonings and is listed on the label)

o     AVOID - Jordan Almonds

Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Francis Rivera

Assistant Consumer Advocate

BLUE DIAMOND GROWERS

Marketing Dept.

800-987-2329; toll free

e-mail: customerservice@bdgrowers.com