rdunbar

Poll: If A Fairie Could Wave A Magic Wand...

Rate this topic

If a fairie could wave a magic wand and make gluten disappear from the face of the earth, how much buisness would the medical "industry" lose overall? 5 percent ? 15 percent ? 50 percent or maybe more? Including the psychiatric field how much work would doctors have left? What do you think?

The more I learn about gluten and it's widespread effect on health , the more I suspect that gluten plays a much bigger role in ruining our health than anyone would ever think. Just wondering I'm the only one who sees gluten as the Darth Vader of our bodies and minds. Am I over-reacting ? but it seems to me that gluten could be the trigger indirectly causing cancer, autism, depression, ADD, osteporosis, all kinds of inframmation, fibromyalgia, GI obv, ataxia, skin diseases ;an endless list, it seems like everything except heart problems and trauma from accidents. Can you picture humanity without gluten? What would our world and society be like w/ out it? Just an exercise , have fun with this!

I'm pretty sure that heart problems are on the list too. :blink:

Car accidents, too. All the distracted drivers eating fast food sandwiches and fried chicken! Lol

i think you are giving gluten way too much importance in your life. some people tolerate it just fine, others don't. that's like saying "bees are the devil" because some people are deathly allergic to bees. if i could wave a magic wand i would make my system able to tolerate gluten. sometimes i really, really miss fresh baked bread :(

I hear you Eva-girl. Good point

My magic wand would deliver a huge bacon, cheeseburger on a huge bun with fries with brown gravy and malt vinegar and onion rings -- the thickly breaded kind. :wub:

I am imagining the huge greasy burger you describe hovering in space like the Death Star in Star Wars

; " remain on target,... Remain on target"

If a fairie could wave a magic wand and make gluten disappear from the face of the earth, how much buisness would the medical "industry" lose overall? 5 percent ? 15 percent ? 50 percent or maybe more? Including the psychiatric field how much work would doctors have left? What do you think?

The more I learn about gluten and it's widespread effect on health , the more I suspect that gluten plays a much bigger role in ruining our health than anyone would ever think. Just wondering I'm the only one who sees gluten as the Darth Vader of our bodies and minds. Am I over-reacting ? but it seems to me that gluten could be the trigger indirectly causing cancer, autism, depression, ADD, osteporosis, all kinds of inframmation, fibromyalgia, GI obv, ataxia, skin diseases ;an endless list, it seems like everything except heart problems and trauma from accidents. Can you picture humanity without gluten? What would our world and society be like w/ out it? Just an exercise , have fun with this!

I agree that a lot of the suffering in this country would be alleviated. I also agree that many of the diseases you mention can be linked to undiagnosed celiac, especially since many in my family have had multiple systems impacted. Would it 'cure' everything, of course not, would the US health system save a great deal of money by looking for celiac first rather than last, undoubtedly.