AlysounRI

A Skin Thing (Not Dh)

Rate this topic

Hi all:

I just have a question.

I have been gluten free for 2 months now (hooray!!) and aside from most of the GI and assorted neuro symptoms going away, I have seen an improvement in my skin. B)

I have had a patch of whiteheads on my right cheek for as long as I can remember. They have almost disappeared. But beyond that, I have two raised bumps just below my eye a bit away from my nose that I must have had forever. They are not pimples or whiteheads but they are like raised tissue bumps. I don't know what to call them or what even they really are.

They are not discolored or anything. Just raised bumps of skin colored tissue. But they are noticeable on the skin. I have never had them any place else other than these two on my face. You know they kind of remind me of warts, but I have had warts and I know they aren't but they have that kind of raised, bumpy thing going on.

But they are now really beginning to disappear. Has anyone else had something on their skin like this? I was thinking of going to a dermatologist and asking him/her what they were but now as they are disappearing, I don't think that I will have to :D

I have something similar and I have put it down to a blind and mild sebaceous cyst. Since removing gluten, and various other foods, yeast, dairy etc, the general state of my skin has improved. A small bump, not much larger than a couple of pinheads has been on my face for as long as I recall, and has now flattened, softened, and will hopefully disappear in time.

It looks like it is a sebaceous cyst as I have had these in my armpits for many years. When lanced they are quite easy to clear out. The one on my face acts as my guide for skin health, but I had forgotten about the ones in my armpits until reading this note of yours, and although I do not recall examining them for a few years, they have almost disappeared. This is interesting given the general impact that gluten has on ones skin. Itching, loss of body hair, thin and dry skin, and presumably an inhibted ability to manage hair follicles and sebaceoous glands around the hair root.

Is that what it is??

Boy, am I glad that someone else knows what it is and that it shrank for them too.

Yes, it really is amazing just how much being gluten free affects the skin too.

I really hope that these cysts just completely go away.

Otherwise, I really would like them removed eventually.

Thanks for your reply :)

~Allison

They could be eruptive syringomas. I went to my derm about 3 months ago and she found these things on the back of my knee that sound exactly like what you describe. She biopsied them and they came back as eruptive syringomas, she told me the most common spot for them is under the eye. She also told me that they can be autoimmune disease related. Interesting that I just tested positive for celiac last week.