Dino

Grocery Book

Rate this topic

I was looking at gluten free grocery guides. Since I am new to all this, I find them very helpful but I have an old copy that was given to me. I want to get a new one but saw a couple options.

One is from Cecelia's Marketplace called "The Gluten Free Shopping Guide" and then one put out by Triumph Dining called "The Essential Gluten Free Grocery Guide.

Which one is best or are they both the same. I have begun to learn to read labels carefully but it is nice to be steered to particular items instead of wading through the sea of labels.

Thanks,

Dino B)

You are wise to inquire about a current copy. Many products can change without warning. I have had both Cecelia's and Triumph's. But, I think that I prefer Cecelia's.

Soon you will be able to read labels.

I have the 2008-2009 copy of Celias grocery guide. I used it alot when I was first diagnosed. I don't have the current volume, but do reference the copy I have and then read lables. You can go on their website and they will give you updates on products that are no longer gluten free, but listed in the book. I just crossed them out.

I have found it useful, if you have a non-gluten eater or label reader, and you send HIM/HER to the grocery store for that "got to have ice cream". It's a quick reference at home, when YOU are not there to read the labels. :D

Or handy for any one in your household who will shop for you when you are not able. B)