conniebky

My Cup Runneth Over

Rate this topic

Well, of all the tea in China!

My daughter just IM'd me with this:

Ma - I know u aint been feeling good so I made u your favorite dinner without that crap in it that u cant eat

Chicken teryaki however u spell it over rice with mashed potatoes and succotash so come over n get a plate! surprise 4 u this will fill u up! luv u w/b

I can't eat teriaki! (I don't know how to spell it either LOL) I looked all over all the stores for it

should I tell her? I know it's from that huge bottle we bought awhile back. i will have to tell her oh I can't tell her it will break her heart and embarrass her

oh man she made this supper especially to make me feel better! My mom would say, "that's a lovely trouble to have, child"

I got a lump in my throat just thinking about her doing all this for me. OH man, I flat don't know what to do!

You are so lucky to have such a thoughtful young lady. Could you maybe go and have the taters and succotash? Thank her and enjoy the time together. There are wheat free soy sauces, perhaps you could pick up a bottle some time and bring it over so if she wants to surprise you again you will be able to enjoy.

Connie,

SanJ recently made a gluten-free teriyaki sauce avaiable. We can get it at Whole Foods-I know that LV has the only WF in KY but If memory serves me right(unfortunately, it fails me too often lately:()I think I've seen that brand and maybe that sauce at places like Kroger or Meijers(in the international sections). Maybe Rainbow Blossom carries it as well. Here's a link to San J's site:

http://www.san-j.com/product_info.asp?id=8

La Chow, Soy Sauce and Teriyaki are both gluten free....you can hope she used that brand.

La Chow, Soy Sauce and Teriyaki are both gluten free....you can hope she used that brand.

Well, everything worked out fine. At the last minute she asked me if I wanted the teriyaki or the gluten-free soy sauce that I keep over there for my rice when I babysit! Perfect!

Then we all took a nice summer night walk and man do I LOVE summer! We caught lighten bugs and let 'em go and my mom said if I'm having all the D, I need to drink some Gatorade, so we walked up and got some, and you know, I think it did perk me up some! :)

And thank you SO much for that LaChoy tip! I had no idea! :D

Well, everything worked out fine. At the last minute she asked me if I wanted the teriyaki or the gluten-free soy sauce that I keep over there for my rice when I babysit! Perfect!

Then we all took a nice summer night walk and man do I LOVE summer! We caught lighten bugs and let 'em go and my mom said if I'm having all the D, I need to drink some Gatorade, so we walked up and got some, and you know, I think it did perk me up some! :)

And thank you SO much for that LaChoy tip! I had no idea! :D

Glad it worked out. Summer nights are great. My two boy's and I caught lightning bugs tonight. They still have them in the jar so they could see them when they went to sleep. I'll let them go later when they are asleep. Sometimes we just need to take a few steps back, slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures that our life gives us. Here's to summer nights, great family, and recovering quickly. :)

Glad it worked out. Summer nights are great. My two boy's and I caught lightning bugs tonight. They still have them in the jar so they could see them when they went to sleep. I'll let them go later when they are asleep. Sometimes we just need to take a few steps back, slow down and enjoy the simple pleasures that our life gives us. Here's to summer nights, great family, and recovering quickly. :)

What a nice post! Yeah, next time we'll remember to bring a jar LOL ! Lighten bugs are the only bugs I'm not scared :o of.

Connie,

SanJ recently made a gluten-free teriyaki sauce avaiable. We can get it at Whole Foods-I know that LV has the only WF in KY but If memory serves me right(unfortunately, it fails me too often lately:()I think I've seen that brand and maybe that sauce at places like Kroger or Meijers(in the international sections). Maybe Rainbow Blossom carries it as well. Here's a link to San J's site:

http://www.san-j.com/product_info.asp?id=8

Do you know I've never been to Whole Foods? I haven't! But me and my mom are going to go cuz she's lactose intolerant, the woman is in love with that store! I'll check it out!