This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I'm Sooo Grumpy!

ToriMartin

ToriMartin Apprentice

I have been gluten-free a few weeks now. Still figuring out what I can & can't eat. So far no gluten, milk, avacado... I'm going off corn also. But I'm soooo grumpy! My Fuse is short! I have 4 kids & a farm, I have to have more patience! Is there anything I can do?

For years I have had what I call "White Rabbit Syndrome", like the rabbit in "Alice in Wonderland". I feel like I'm always running around like that. I am trying to make myself relax & enjoy my life & kids more. Heck, my kids are my life. But it's not easy slowing down. I'm always tired & feel that when I stop, I crash.

Today is our family gathering, I should be there right now. I just finished up with the animals an hour ago & trying to get ready but, my son lost his glasses & the kids don't want to do anything to help or get ready to go. I have pretty much given up. I'm so frustrated I just don't want to go... I guess it doesn't help when I just don't feel well... I'm sure my family is going to give me a hard time over being late, I just don't seem to care.

Please help me find my sanity!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

ravenwoodglass Mentor

You are still recovering and you may still be in withdrawl. Be patient with yourself. If you can get others to help out a bit more for a while that might help a bit. If you don't make it to the gathering use the time to take a long hot bath or shower and to relax a bit.

BRUMI1968 Collaborator

Hi. Sounds like me sometimes for sure. It's hard to say what's causing the "grumpy" - hormones, adrenal fatigue, etc. I suggest, even though it sounds crazy, some Tai Chi or Qi Gong. I know it seems like you don't have the time to do it (about 30 minutes), but it's well worth trying it out. You'll gain back the time by being less grumpy and more relaxed.

If you do have adrenal fatigue, some things you can do are to 1) get to sleep by 10p.m. every night; 2) be sure you're getting enough minerals and vitamins and such; 3) close your eyes several times a day, for like 5-10 minutes; take naps. If you google adrenal fatigue, you can learn more.

Another thing is that in Ayurvedic Medicine, it is the Pita energy that gets angry and frustrated. You can help this out by not eating spicy foods, keeping cool, drinking cool drinks, looking at nature, relaxing, resting, etc. You can probably google this too -- but it would be wanting to DECREASE your pita. I get high pita energy in the summers.

Take care. It's really hard at first figuring out what you can and can't eat/feeling like crap and finally knowing there's a light at the end of the tunnel but having to find it/having a family and animals and duties that don't know what you're going through/etc. It'll work out.

ToriMartin Apprentice

Thank You :)

I did go... Although it was 3 hours later than planned. Had a nice time but hard to enjoy things... It was good for the kids & surprisingly after the day we had before hand, they did really well :)

I did notice I get offended easily... I have for years... But a cousin of mine seemed so judgmental when she found out I had 4 kids. 2 are from my first marriage, 1 is from my Husbands previous relationship (we have custody of them all) then 1 we have together. The thing is, her son has 5 kids! lol

I am trying to relax more these days which isn't easy... But I am trying to enjoy life more & not stress... I wish my husband was more supportive...

T.H. Community Regular

Hmmm, 4 kids and an unsupportive husband - I can't imagine why you would have any stress or grumpiness, eh? ;)

So sorry it's so frustrating, though.

But, to give you something to help out, a little, here's one of the better lists of corn ingredients to avoid that I've found, so you don't have to look it up! (although perhaps you already have, in which case this is entirely superfluous, but still...

Open Original Shared Link

I know that for me, anger and frustration are what hit me when I eat corn, so hopefully, that will be for you as well and it will go away when you drop that! :)

ToriMartin Apprentice

Hmmm, 4 kids and an unsupported husband - I can't imagine why you would have any stress or grumpiness, eh? ;)

So sorry it's so frustrating, though.

But, to give you something to help out, a little, here's one of the better lists of corn ingredients to avoid that I've found, so you don't have to look it up! (although perhaps you already have, in which case this is entirely superfluous, but still...

Open Original Shared Link

I know that for me, anger and frustration are what hit me when I eat corn, so hopefully, that will be for you as well and it will go away when you drop that! :)

LOL yeah I try not to stress but sometimes it's hard... I also have a really bad back so have to see the Chiropractor weekly to prevent further damage. My husband is somewhat supportive but not very understanding. He doesn't get any of what's going on. I just don't talk about it because if I mention my back hurts or anything, I'm just whining... Of course if he gets hurt or sick it's different... Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy... But he's a guy...

Thank You for the site! I was thinking I should research ingredients more but didn't know where to really start.

I've done really well on this diet, still hard but I guess you have to get creative... It's the figuring ou what we can & can't eat that's hard lol

You guys are great!

Archived