Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ilookthetype

Symptoms Worse!

This evening I ate at Sunflower with sister and roommate, backed out of ordering food last minute, too scared and not hungry enough. After I got home I ate some of my sister's basil wrap with tofu, and I've been wondering about a soy allergy for a while, but I was a veggie and ate tofu all the time and while I felt sick I was never vomiting after I ate, just the big D. About an hour ago I started throwing up. This is new. Is this normal, the escalation of reaction to allergens? I also got new gluten-free bread from Trader Joe's but it was on their gluten-free list and I'm going to be sad if that's what made me so sick.

Also, my dogs allergic to her new food so I'm sitting outside, on my laptop asking y'all questions while she and I take turns puking in the shrubs. Anyone know how to heal a dog too? :(

Gluten Intolerant 07/10, who knew that wheat didn't make everyone sick...

Run Mad as often as you choose but do not faint. (Fanny Price)

"Its a sacred time when two roommates nap together."

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Sorry, I'll not be too much help here. With the dog sick, I am thinking food poisoning, but I gather your sister ate the wrap as well and thinking you'd have mentioned if she got sick too.

Otherwise, the soy seems to be the biggest contender. Another clue is that you actually threw it up, instead of your usual symptoms of being CC'd or glutened, so perhaps some mystery ingredient?? you'll never know about, but make a note if that happens again, you could start to eliminate culprits.

K Wylee

Gluten Intolerant, Positive test, June 2010

Casein sensitivity, Positive test, June 2010

Reactive to soy, most processed foods & preservatives, June 2010

Because of my dairy intolerance I was putting soymilk into my coffee and tea every single morning, eating it with cereal, cooking with it, etc. I was using soy protein powder in smoothies. I had NO idea how sick soy was making me until I went gluten free. Everyone on the board said to cut soy and dairy too to faciliate healing so I did.

The first time I tried soymilk again my nose got so stuffed up I couldn't breathe out of it and I writhed in pain all night long barely sleeping.

Then I got soy flour in something by accident and the same reaction.

I had sinus infections ALL the time for years and now I know it wasn't only gluten. It was the soy.

I am not allergic to it. I came up negative when tested for allergy. But my intolerance is very bad and I had no idea before.

Lots of doctors diagnosed me with lots of things including IBS, lactose intolerance, wheat intolerance, and quite a few of them threw up their hands in total confusion.

Had GI symptoms, allergy symptoms and unexplained illness my whole life.

Jan. 2010 Diagnosed celiac at the age of 40.

Ready to get well and get on with my life!