Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aphreal

Can Someone Explain Sprouted Grains?

I have heard that sprouted grains are OK but I have doubts. What changes when a grain sprouts? It's still gluten, isn't it?

Started exhibiting symptoms 1979

DXed IBS 1987

Self Dx Gluten sensitive via elimination diet July 2010

Gluten free since July 12 2010

Carb&Sugar light August 2010

experimenting with being Grain light

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You do not want to eat sprouted gluten grains. They are not safe.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Oh thats right I remember seeing something here about that. I just needed a memory trigger. Thanks Raven.

Started exhibiting symptoms 1979

DXed IBS 1987

Self Dx Gluten sensitive via elimination diet July 2010

Gluten free since July 12 2010

Carb&Sugar light August 2010

experimenting with being Grain light

There was a discussion about sprouting gluten free grains. I think it is to make them easier to digest. But it also changes the properties for cooking purposes too. I'm too tired to remmebr how, but I will try to find that thread. Some people that are not celiacs (just slightly gluten intolerant or doing this as a fad maybe?) claim to be able to tolerate sprouted wheat, but NO WAY would I try it. Even if you don't react you could be doing some damage.

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)

Okay I guess I shouldn't respond when I'm tired. I was thinking about this thread on SOAKING Gluten free grains:

Not the same as sprouting I guess. Sorry.

Here are some past discussions of sprouting:

A simple meal with love is better than a feast where there is hatred. Proverbs 15:17 (CEV)