Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anabananakins

Gluten Free In Roanoke And Lynchburg VA

I'll be staying with a friend in Roanoke in October and one night we'll be in Lynchburg. There seem to be a few places to chose from in both places but I'd love to hear any recommendations and good / bad experiences.

Oops, spelled Lynchburg wrong and I can't edit the subject line. Sorry!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I went to college in Lynchburg many moons ago and it was pretty brutal. Its where I was when I first got diagnosed. They now have a Chick-Fil-A and a Buffalo Wild Wings. Kroger tends to have some decent items for a grocery store but aside from that I'm not sure! Its a shame, there are some great restaurants in that area but I'd be hesitant to recommend any from when I was there! Hopefully you'll find one place suitable for your night!

Of course Roanoke also has Outback and Carraba's. Most of the more reliable places are higher end, including Alexander's, Montano's, the Hotel Roanoke Regency Room, the Library, and Carlos (a big favorite of mine). There are a number of other restaurants on the downtown market that I would trust because they have chefs, though I haven't eaten there. In the little less expensive range would be The Isaac's (Mediterranean), Surf and Turf, Rockfish Grill, and Henrys BBQ (ribs are the best, I'm not as wild about the pulled pork). The SoRo Chill and Grill doesn't have a HUGE number of choices for us, but when we were there there was waitress who has celiac. Even if she's not there, they are aware of it because of her. Most of these places have websites.

These are some of the places I know about in the downtown and Southwest sections because that's where I live. I'm sure there are others in other parts of town.

richard

Of course Roanoke also has Outback and Carraba's. Most of the more reliable places are higher end, including Alexander's, Montano's, the Hotel Roanoke Regency Room, the Library, and Carlos (a big favorite of mine). There are a number of other restaurants on the downtown market that I would trust because they have chefs, though I haven't eaten there. In the little less expensive range would be The Isaac's (Mediterranean), Surf and Turf, Rockfish Grill, and Henrys BBQ (ribs are the best, I'm not as wild about the pulled pork). The SoRo Chill and Grill doesn't have a HUGE number of choices for us, but when we were there there was waitress who has celiac. Even if she's not there, they are aware of it because of her. Most of these places have websites.

These are some of the places I know about in the downtown and Southwest sections because that's where I live. I'm sure there are others in other parts of town.

richard

Thank you so much, that's great to have so many options. I will check them out. I think my friend is around that area too. She mentioned The Issac's and I thought their menu looked like it had a lot of safe options. I am looking at Carlos' menu now - yum!

Thank you!