Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LisaStephensonCeliac

Gluiten Free Wedding Cake

I have celiac and am VERY gluten and wheat sensitive. I am getting married in Jackson, Wyoming, and am trying to figure out the wedding cake. There is noone there who bakes cakes in a completely wheat and gluten free kitchen. So, what we are thinking is that most of the cake will be made there in a regular bakery. I am looking to have the top section of the cake shipped. Any suggestions, or recommendations?

Thank you! Lisa Stephenson (lstephen@gwu.edu)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I don't personally have any bakery recommendations, but another idea is to have one cake for your guests and then make your own cake for you and hubby for the cake cutting. Or if you know anyone with a passion for baking or decorating enlist them to use your kitchen and make it.

It looks like the closest bakeries I have found to you are near Boise, ID., Kaysville, UT., and Salt Lake, UT. Still pretty far, but maybe they can help or make special arrangements to deliver or maybe someone can pick up? I highly doubt you will find anyone to ship a cake. Cakes are incredibly fragile so flying and typical freight carriers are pretty much out. Go to the gluten free registry online and search by state. That is how I found them.

Good luck and congratulations!

Mommy to James, who is Celiac diagnosis by blood test and confirmed by endoscopy on 9/29/2009. Our household has been gluten free since.

What's your cake budget? You could fly me out and I could do it for you ;):P

Rachelle 20dance.gif

Daughter diagnosed 1/06 bloodwork and biopsy
-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Monkey, star wars, whatever her heart's content! :P

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

Son tested negative-bloodwork (8/07), intestinal issues prompted biospy (3/08), results negative, but very positive dietary response, Dr. diagnosed Celiac disease (3/8)

Thanks! Mee too ;)

Rachelle 20dance.gif

-gluten-free since 1/06

There is a bakery in Randolph, Mass. called ALLCANEAT it is completely gluten free, also has dairy and soy free options. I know they do cakes but don't know about wedding cakes. Call them and find out.

www.allcaneatbakery.com

I have been there and will say they are OK. not great but OK. IMO.

BTW when I say Gluten free I mean it, the employees are not even allowed to eat or bring a non gluten-free product in the building.

Good luck