Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

azagave

Has Anyone Had Ovarian Cysts After Going Gluten Free?

Ive been gluten-free since Aug of '09 following tests run at enterolab. For awhile I improved but the last couple months have not been that great. I have been having ovarian cysts the burst- almost monthly. Had 2 ultrasounds and they showed complex cysts aprox 2-2.5cm and they will happen on left and next month on right. My doc said this is just normal ovulation. I have fairly reg periods- 25 to 29 day cycles. Has anyone had this happen after going gluten-free? Lately I gained weight and I have been very tired. Now I ended up with a cold too- go figure. Thanks in advance for all the help!

EnteroLab Results: Elevated Anti-gliadin IgA

Carry Genes: HLA-DQB1*0201/HSA-DQB1*0302 Celiac Genes

DQ1/DQ2 (Subtype 2,6) Gluten Sensitivity Genes

Told I am Gluten Sensitive and Celiac is just a matter of when due to the genes and elevated Anti-gliadin IgA. Was told to go off gluten forever and my children may carry the genes and/or have the disease. Started gluten-free on 8/1/09.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Ive been gluten-free since Aug of '09 following tests run at enterolab. For awhile I improved but the last couple months have not been that great. I have been having ovarian cysts the burst- almost monthly. Had 2 ultrasounds and they showed complex cysts aprox 2-2.5cm and they will happen on left and next month on right. My doc said this is just normal ovulation. I have fairly reg periods- 25 to 29 day cycles. Has anyone had this happen after going gluten-free? Lately I gained weight and I have been very tired. Now I ended up with a cold too- go figure. Thanks in advance for all the help!

I did. I had a complex cyst about the size of yours that was problematic earlier this year. Luckily it resolved on its own. You may want to google for natural approaches to balancing your hormones or work with a naturopath. I stopped eating soy and other estrogenic foods and I also try to avoid BPA (chemical found in plastic that throws off hormones). I haven't had one since that I know of. Good luck.

2010- Gluten, Soy, Corn, Dairy, Eggs, Nut free. Sugar, non-gluten grains lite(Yes, still plenty to eat!)

2010-Doctor diagnosed me as Celiac then took diagnoses back, then said avoid gluten for life

Birth control will help reduce the occurance ovarian cysts. Is that something that you are open to or is there a reason your Dr. isn't treating cysts (or offering this as a treatment) this way?

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

Can't do birth control due to increased risk of blood clot. The hospital gave me a clot from an IV 4 years ago and I was told never to take bc again cause Im at an increased risk for them. Sigh...

EnteroLab Results: Elevated Anti-gliadin IgA

Carry Genes: HLA-DQB1*0201/HSA-DQB1*0302 Celiac Genes

DQ1/DQ2 (Subtype 2,6) Gluten Sensitivity Genes

Told I am Gluten Sensitive and Celiac is just a matter of when due to the genes and elevated Anti-gliadin IgA. Was told to go off gluten forever and my children may carry the genes and/or have the disease. Started gluten-free on 8/1/09.

I have! I had an ovarian cyst that they thought was appendicitis.Turns out it's just a big cyst on my Right ovary. We even named it (Reginald) since it kept making me sick like I was pregnant. I am now off of the birth control I was on, and I am interested to see if it goes away. I never had these until after being diagnosed.

Diagnosed with Gluten Allergy April 2010. Family history of Celiac disease and bowel cancers. Already feeling a billion times better since going gluten free.

This is interesting. According to my acupuncturist, I have issues with "blood" regulation, that applies to my menstruation. If this is not treated, she says it will result in cysts. She's surprised that I don't have any yet.

Have you been tested for PCOS? That is often the cause of frequent cysts. If you have PCOS there are other non-birth control drugs that you can take to help.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years