This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Im Entering Worry Mode Again

jasonD2

jasonD2 Experienced

jeez, i dont know if its an October thru March thing for me but as of 10/1 i am officially in worry mode again. I had such a lovely summer, met a wonderful girl, had zero stress and barely thought about my problems.

Now that i had some new tests done I am starting to obsess about my health again and am scrutinizing every little thing that feels off.

For the past 3 days I have been having a bitter taste in my mouth after eating so im worried there might be something wrong. I was also at a concert the other night and sat indian style on the lawn on and off for 3 hrs...next day there was a massive bruise on my thigh (where my sneaker was) - i am not one to bruise easily so this has me worried too.

last winter was horrible for me (fistula surgery, gastritis for 5 months, endoscopy, colonoscopy, etc) and i dont want a repeat performance. things were starting to look up and i want them to stay that way.

thanks for listening

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tarnalberry Community Regular

you might want to talk to a psychologist - because you have finally gotten in to one, right? - about seasonal affective disorder if you notice this is a fall/winter pattern for you.

Skylark Collaborator

Sorry you're all anxious again. I hate that feeling. I was thinking exactly the same thing as Tiffany. You might need to use a light box in the wintertime. You also may need more vitamin D in the winter.

SGWhiskers Collaborator

My winter/early spring blues always get me too. Looking back at my grades in school, I always had worse grades the middle two quarters. I'm certain it is Seasonal Affective Disorder too. I agree with the Vitamin D and the psychologist. finding the right antidepressant was as life changing for me as getting on the gluten-free diet. It took some time to find the right one, and I learned along the way that they work easier if you are not in the midst of the worst depression imaginable, but rather are just on your way. Swallowing my pride the first time I tried one was pretty tough, but I'm so glad I did.

We're here for you, so keep on sharing.

I get the easy bruising when I'm anemic or slip up on my diet. Keep up with the protien and iron too. Of course, if I sat with a tennis shoe stabbed into my calf, I would probably wind up with a bruise too.If that's the only one, I wouldn't stress over it. If you are getting bruises & you don't remember the source, then talk to the doctor. Oh! and if you are taking asprin or ibuprofin, they are both blood thinners. A little bump can lead to a big bruise with those. (especially the asprin).

jasonD2 Experienced

its really like clockwork- right around this time is when i slip into a major funk. thankfully i have a girlfriend who keeps my spirits up :)

ravenwoodglass Mentor

If this is something that occurs regularly at this time of year you should seriously consider the light therapy that was mentioned. Check out your local health food stores and see if you can get the special light bulbs that have been suggested. It may help a great deal.

In addition, and this may not apply to you, have you had a traumatic experience or significant loss that occured at this time of the year? Sometimes even if it was in the distant past and we are not consiously thinking about it something like that can effect our moods and sense of well being around the anniversary. I for example have a very hard time no matter how well life is going in June and July which were the months when I lost my twin and my Mom. It has helped that I have recognized this pattern and while it doesn't do away with the 'blues' the knowledge about where they come from is helpful in dealing with it. As I said this may not apply to you but just in case I thought it might be worth mentioning since this downtime has a recognizable pattern for you.

Archived