Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ll79

Help, Help, And More Help!

I think I got glutened somewhere, but I'm not sure where. I have had severe trembling, diarehha, and nausea for a week now and my anxiety levels are really high! I'm supposed to be going on vacation in 3 days and I really need to be over this soon if I want to go and have a good time. I have been having a hard time eating, even though I am hungry. I just feel so sick and any help on how to deal with a reaction would be greatly appreciated!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If I can sleep I sleep. Drink water and detox tea. Absolutely take control of what goes in your system...don't let anyone else feed you. Sometimes when I'm having a food reaction and I'm feeling tired and anxious I have to mentally talk myself through the day. Such as: You are tired and distracted but you must stop right now and fold your laundry, or make your child's dinner. Soon you'll be feeling better.

I hope it passes quickly for you. I know it's tough.

That's really rough, I'm sorry. You said that you've already been sick for a week. Do you know from past glutenings how long your reactions last? Mine are 5 days, on the dot, so I can count on feeling better after the 4th day. It helps.

I get horrible reactions to gluten too, so I know how hard it is. I feel like I'm in a deep, dark hole when it happens. But try to remember that this is temporary. It's not forever. There's a whole world out there waiting for you.