Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shimma

Anyone Grind Their Own?

Hi everyone,

My brother-in-law just bought us a grain mill. I'm really excited to use it, but whenever I try to grind something finely, it turns grey because of the iron grinding surfaces. It doesn't seem like I should eat it with all that metal in it! Does anyone else have a home grinder?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Hi everyone,

My brother-in-law just bought us a grain mill. I'm really excited to use it, but whenever I try to grind something finely, it turns grey because of the iron grinding surfaces. It doesn't seem like I should eat it with all that metal in it! Does anyone else have a home grinder?

This is an old post but I would grind it denser and then put it in the food processor or blender.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

CB, sorry to hear you're still having problems.  Deficiency of Vitamin B12 can cause diarrhea.  It's a frequently overlooked symptom.  Did you discuss with your doctor what to do about the B12 deficiency? Shots or oral supplements?  ...
    I think you should consider getting tested for celiac disease in order to help rule out gluten ataxia.  Why?  I just had anemia.  No GI issues with gluten.  I never would have guessed that I had celiac disease.  
    My mom has Graves.  I much prefer Hashimoto’s!  I had a few thyroid swings and it is easier to be hypo than hyper.  My Mom has permanent eye damage as a result.  If you have Graves, get treatment which may include surgery.  Her ferritin levels a...