CathyG

A Question About Healing

Rate this topic

Hi there,

My doctor has told me that I have increased lymphocytes in my small intestines (I've mentioned this before in a couple of other threads) - which makes sense as I do have some tenderness in my tummy as well as plenty of diarreah.

I have been on a very strict gluten free, lactose free, refined sugar free, soy free and now corn free diet for the last 2 weeks and whilst I have noticed that the diarreah has eased a bit, I still have that tenderness. Also, my lymph nodes in my neck and chest have swelled up which I'm assuming is a response to the infection.

I just wanted to ask if anyone else had a tenderness in their abdomen that was related to being a celiac and if so, how long did it take you before it started to ease up? Do you think it's worth going on antibiotics to help things along a little?

I'm being referred to a immunologist as soon as my doctor has a complete set of tests, so I'm wondering if there's something else that could be causing the inflammation as well, but I thought I'd ask in case this was normal celiacs disease.

Thanks

Cathy

When I was diagnosed I had swollen lymph nodes, increased lymphocytes and abdominal tenderness. It took 6 months for my lymph nodes to stop swelling (although mine where abdominal lymph nodes, I don't know if that matters). I also found out a few months later that I had a small intestinal bowel infection and after a round of strong antibiotics my abdominal tenderness went away. (My tenderness was only in a certain spot - is yours?) I have no idea if it was from the infection or not, but it did go away. I'm not sure if it was related to the SIBO or not.