wadaman

Symptom Inconsistencies

Rate this topic

I've been gluten free for a couple of years. tested positive on blood test and gene testing. I periodically will have sudden diarrhea. I've typically assumed it was due to cross contamination because it seems to but usually after eating in a restaurant. Two nights ago I intentionally ate quite a bit of gluten at a restaurant. I had not done that in the two years I've been gluten free. Afterwards I had no diarrhea or other side effects. Has anyone else had a similiar experience? Why symptoms when possible trace amounts of gluten but no symptoms on a night I went overboard. Thanks If anybody has some input.

It is very possible for you to have delayed reactions or you may also have other intolerances. My 20 yr old daughter tested negative on her celiac blood test but decided to ty gluten-free to see if it would help her. It has, she has 'tested' herself two times so far and she gets reactions anywhere from 2-4 days later.

You are a celiac diagnosed by blood test, correct?. You are doing damage to your body by eating gluten.

I have noticed that in many resturants soy is in a lot of foods, that could be something to look at or even dairy.

Keep a food diary for a month or so and see if you can find the culprit.

It is very possible for you to have delayed reactions or you may also have other intolerances. My 20 yr old daughter tested negative on her celiac blood test but decided to ty gluten-free to see if it would help her. It has, she has 'tested' herself two times so far and she gets reactions anywhere from 2-4 days later.

You are a celiac diagnosed by blood test, correct?. You are doing damage to your body by eating gluten.

I have noticed that in many resturants soy is in a lot of foods, that could be something to look at or even dairy.

Keep a food diary for a month or so and see if you can find the culprit.

Dixiebell,

Thanks for the reply. Yes my blood tests have been positive. Also the DNA testing was positive on two genes. Had a biopsy several years ago and it was negative but it sounds like false negatives are not uncommon.