twe0708

Hashimoto's Disease

Rate this topic

Does the Thyroid test cover Hashimoto's Disease or do you have to have a different test done to tell if you have Hashimoto's Disease?

Alot of the time when doctors order a thyroid test all they do is a TSH. You need to get a full thyroid panel done which includes a TSH, free T3, free T4 and the tests for the thyroid antibodies. I have included a link to the antibody tests.

http://www.labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/thyroid_antibodies/test.html

Does the Thyroid test cover Hashimoto's Disease or do you have to have a different test done to tell if you have Hashimoto's Disease?

You will need to do a TPOab (thyroid peroxidase antibody) test for Hashimoto's antibodies. Some docs also request a thyroglobulin antibody test to check for Hashimoto's.

You will need to do a TPOab (thyroid peroxidase antibody) test for Hashimoto's antibodies. Some docs also request a thyroglobulin antibody test to check for Hashimoto's.

Are you using the premier research labs HCL and Activator? I see that you are on a low dose naltrexone- any success? I read about using it to improve immunity. What Dr. Rx'd it for you.