twe0708

Stools - Horrible Topic

Rate this topic

Are your stools normal since you have been gluten free? How long did it take? Seems like I get maybe three to four firm stools a month and the rest are soft. Not diarrhea, but soft like oatmeal. :rolleyes: Gluten free for a year and a half.

Are your stools normal since you have been gluten free? How long did it take? Seems like I get maybe three to four firm stools a month and the rest are soft. Not diarrhea, but soft like oatmeal. :rolleyes: Gluten free for a year and a half.

are you still eating dairy??

i cant remember how long mine took to normalize- probably 2 weeks to become normal. if i consume ANY or TOO MUCH milk one day- then the next morning there's a little "D". if i overdo the cheese- its not good at all... and if i overdo fructans/fructose in salad form or garlic/onion form then there's a little "D" too.

as long as i eat a healthy paleo type diet and get enough fruits & veggies- it's almost the "S" that Dr. Oz always talks about.

also- too many grains & gluten free substitutes especially corn will mess me up too.

i wonder what your diet is like? and i wonder how bad your intestinal damage was before you went gluten free?

sorry for all the poo descriptions :huh:

are you still eating dairy??

i cant remember how long mine took to normalize- probably 2 weeks to become normal. if i consume ANY or TOO MUCH milk one day- then the next morning there's a little "D". if i overdo the cheese- its not good at all... and if i overdo fructans/fructose in salad form or garlic/onion form then there's a little "D" too.

as long as i eat a healthy paleo type diet and get enough fruits & veggies- it's almost the "S" that Dr. Oz always talks about.

also- too many grains & gluten free substitutes especially corn will mess me up too.

i wonder what your diet is like? and i wonder how bad your intestinal damage was before you went gluten free?

sorry for all the poo descriptions :huh:

This is what I usually eat daily.

Fruit smoothie in the morn. (blueberries, strawberries, banana)

Eggs

Snack - Apple with p-nut butter

lunch - white rice with slice of cheese and turkey slices or turkey meat with tomatos and cheese or sweet potato with cottage cheese

dinner is usually chicken and carrots, or chicken or steak fajita

Occasionally - a few pieces of dove chocolate or vanilla ice cream.

Nothing to alarming that would keep me this way. Doc never said anything about me being really bad off when I had an endoscopy done. :unsure:

I wish i knew what a "'normal" stool was :unsure:

I was diagnosed in Sept, I never have/had abnormal stools- unless I was sick or something. So strange how this disease affects peopel differently.

3 years in and I'm still waiting. Chronic constipation. And its not for lack of fibre or water in my diet.

3 years in and I'm still waiting. Chronic constipation. And its not for lack of fibre or water in my diet.

have you had your thyroid checked?? cause i always blamed my constipation on my gluten issues, or my battle with quitting smoking... but it wasnt untill i started on thyroid meds- that i noticed a change, i had NO IDEA that the slow motility i had for the last 7 years could be from a Hypothyroid.

This is what I usually eat daily.

Fruit smoothie in the morn. (blueberries, strawberries, banana)

Eggs

Snack - Apple with p-nut butter

lunch - white rice with slice of cheese and turkey slices or turkey meat with tomatos and cheese or sweet potato with cottage cheese

dinner is usually chicken and carrots, or chicken or steak fajita

Occasionally - a few pieces of dove chocolate or vanilla ice cream.

Nothing to alarming that would keep me this way. Doc never said anything about me being really bad off when I had an endoscopy done. :unsure:

wow, idk... it seems like you eat pretty healthy... do u have any stomach cramping? or bloating? or just too soft "bm"s?? that smoothie, apple, and sweet potato are so good for you and probably making your bms really smooth- but i dont think you should not eat them... cause it's so healthy. i think you could maybe be eating more greens- i think it's important to get your green colors too- different vitamins, etc.

??? not sure

this might sound weird- but have u ever tried metamucil? or bentonite clay? sometimes i actually have a harder bm after doing metamucil- and im guessing that maybe there was stuff stuck to the walls- and the psyllium grabbed it all- making the bm a little more substantial.

ok, idk, im thinking outloud..

have you had your thyroid checked?? cause i always blamed my constipation on my gluten issues, or my battle with quitting smoking... but it wasnt untill i started on thyroid meds- that i noticed a change, i had NO IDEA that the slow motility i had for the last 7 years could be from a Hypothyroid.

Yup, thyroid checked and all was normal. I should note that in addition to adequate fibre and water, I'm also quite active (I run marathons) - all the things that doctors tell you to do to resolve constipation issues, I'm already doing!

Have you had any issues with other intolerances ?? I find my constipation is at its worst when i consume something that i have an intolerance too