Boilermaker

Biopsy Results?

Rate this topic

I have my biopsy next week. I was just wondering how long it takes to get the results back.

I have already had a positive blood test, so I am assuming my biopsy will be positive too. I just want the testing to be over so I can start moving forward!

Thanks for your help!

Hi

You can start the diet right after the biopsy. Don't have to wait for results. You would need to see how you feel and decide when you get the results if they come back negative what you want to do, although hopefully you will feel so much better, it will be a no brainer. In Canada it takes at least 3 weeks I think, so depends where you are.

Positive blood, in my mind, means good to go!

It should only take a couple of weeks or so. As the previous poster said you can start the diet the day the biopsy is done. With positive blood work you need the diet no matter what the biopsy results are.

In our case the results were back in 48 hours. I think it just depends on the lab and when the doctor's office has a chance to call you.

My Dr told me right after the biopsy that he saw scalloping and that is a sign of celiac, so I find out right away. I got the final pathology report a week later at the follow up appt.

That is good information. I expect since my blood tests are positive that they will do some kind of biospy. I never thought of it but I could go on it as soon as the test is over.

I tried the diet for three days. I immediately lost the a lot of the swelling around my tummy. It must have been fluid since I lost 2-3 lbs. Has anyone else had this experience?

That is good information. I expect since my blood tests are positive that they will do some kind of biospy. I never thought of it but I could go on it as soon as the test is over.

I tried the diet for three days. I immediately lost the a lot of the swelling around my tummy. It must have been fluid since I lost 2-3 lbs. Has anyone else had this experience?

Oh yea, I went from a size 16 to a 4 in the first month mainly due to losing the excess water. I also lost a shoe size.