jazzbaby

Cross Contamination?

Rate this topic

does any one eat products that say, gluten free, but then also say produced in a facility that uses wheat. i bought Dr. pragers fish patty's, right on the front, it says gluten free (they are sold also on Gluten free mall)

when i emailed the company this was their response.

Hi Mary Lou: Thank you for writing. I am very sorry that you do not think you can eat Dr. Praeger

If I got a response like that, I'd eat the product.

does any one eat products that say, gluten free, but then also say produced in a facility that uses wheat. i bought Dr. pragers fish patty's, right on the front, it says gluten free (they are sold also on Gluten free mall)

when i emailed the company this was their response.

Hi Mary Lou: Thank you for writing. I am very sorry that you do not think you can eat Dr. Praeger

The warning is there for celiacs like me who are sensitive to extremely low levels of gluten. I am happy when companies are conscientious enough to put such labels on their packaging. I would not eat them. Not all celiacs are the same in how much trace gluten they can handle without noticing symptoms.

I would eat the product. I don't believe I'm particularly sensitive and tend to believe companies put that on their products to cover their own bums versus warn us that there's a good chance we'll get CC'd.

I would eat that. The ones I stay away from are the ones that say they are produced on the same equipment.

i still have not eaten the fish.

for those who think Dr. pragers did a good job in their description, i had to e mail them to get that response, that was not an the pkg. the front of the box says gluten free, the back of the box, says manufactured in a facility that uses wheat.,if it wouldn't have said "gluten free", in big blue letters, on the front, i wouldn't have purchased it.