Simona19

My Husband's Blood Results

Rate this topic

I have my husband's blood results. It was celiac disease panel.

Tissue transglutam AB IGA 39 high ref. range <5

Gliadin AB (IGA) 76 high ref. range <11

Both are positive for the celiac disease.

His Doctor told him that he doesn't even have to have the upper endoscopy for the final diagnosis. His blood work is strongly positive which means he must stop eathing gluten emediately. She also ordered the blood work to check some vitamins and CT of abdommen with barium and IV.

It is ok to skip the upper endoscopy? Are his levels very high?

What medicine is ok to take for hypothyroidism? Levoxyl is ok?

Yea it's okay to skip the endo with positive blood tests and it is becoming much more common for doctors to skip them. I hope he is doing better soon.

I didn't have an endo and just relied on the blood test results for my diagnosis. I can't speak to your other questions though. I do know that once I started the gluten-free diet my life was much more pleasant :)

I have my husband's blood results. It was celiac disease panel.

Tissue transglutam AB IGA 39 high ref. range <5

Gliadin AB (IGA) 76 high ref. range <11

Both are positive for the celiac disease.

His Doctor told him that he doesn't even have to have the upper endoscopy for the final diagnosis. His blood work is strongly positive which means he must stop eathing gluten emediately. She also ordered the blood work to check some vitamins and CT of abdommen with barium and IV.

It is ok to skip the upper endoscopy? Are his levels very high?

What medicine is ok to take for hypothyroidism? Levoxyl is ok?

agreed- its okay to skip the endoscopy- he's positive enough.. go gluten free now... but in the future- i think endos and colonoscopies are all good ideas for us- after years of being undiagnosed- its good to keep an eye and make sure everything's ok

has he also been dx with hypothroidism??

i am 99% sure Levoxyl is gluten free (and maybe lactose free).

Synthroid has NO gluten ingredients- but for legal and safety issues- they have said that they cannot guarantee that any of their raw materials are free from cc.

Cytomel is gluten free

(all brand names).. some generic are gluten free- but im not sure which.

and Armour is gluten free.

but best too- whenever in doubt, to call your own drug company

• Upvote 1

My TTG # was 38- very similar to your husbands! I had the endoscopy for the final diagnosis- they told me without it they couldn't give me the celiac diagnosis, since the endo is the gold standard. If he has insurance I would have the endo.

Did they say why they were doing the CT of abdommen with barium and IV and not a endoscopy?

I take Synthroid for hypo, it is gluten free.

What were your husbands symptoms that made him get the celiac panel done? I am always curious about that :)

agreed- its okay to skip the endoscopy- he's positive enough.. go gluten free now... but in the future- i think endos and colonoscopies are all good ideas for us- after years of being undiagnosed- its good to keep an eye and make sure everything's ok

has he also been dx with hypothroidism??

i am 99% sure Levoxyl is gluten free (and maybe lactose free).

Synthroid has NO gluten ingredients- but for legal and safety issues- they have said that they cannot guarantee that any of their raw materials are free from cc.

Cytomel is gluten free

(all brand names).. some generic are gluten free- but im not sure which.

and Armour is gluten free.

but best too- whenever in doubt, to call your own drug company

He was diagnosed with hypothyroidism 3 years ago. He was taking generic Levothyroxine for Levoxyl. Now his doctor changed for Levoxyl. Thank you for info on this.

The story about his diagnosis is funny.

In May 2010 I had gastritis and my doctor send me to gastroenterologist. He did the upper endoscopy. It was Marsh1, but inconclusive. After that I had many tests, 3 times gene test- always negative. My allergologist tested me for wheat and milk. I was positive right a way for milk and after 2 hours positive for wheat. The results- the casein allergy and wheat intolerance, or celiac disease,but no allergy to wheat. I stoped to eat gluten and casein as the result from that.

I saw a doctor at the Celiac clinic in New York. She ordered new gene test trough other lab- positive for a half of DQ2 associated with the celiac disease. She also told me to test my son, and if he was positive for it, she would give me the final answer (I have it, or not). He was positive only in one thing and needed the upper endoscopy to finalize his diagnosis.

All this time I gave my husband samples from my food (pizza, bread before I found Udi's). He didn't like it. I always laughed from his facial expresions. It was very funny.

He was sick. He saw his doctor, and I told him to ask also for the blood work for celiac disease. It is genetic disease and his son was positive for it.

The result came back and he don't even have to have the upper endoscopy to be diagnosed. He didn't even thought that he might have it. It wasn't possible because he didn't have diarhea. He had gas and blothing, but not D.

This weak is his last week on gluten. I'm coking for him his favorite food. He needs to say Good bye! to it.