Rate this topic

My Vitamin D levels are low so the doctor wants me to buy OTC 5,000 unit Vitamin D pills. Has anyone taken these and are these gluten free?

My 12-year-old daughter has Celiac and was found to have a very low vitamin D level as well. She takes a multivitamin plus we found a vitamin D at Wal-Mart that is labelled gluten-free called Spring Valley. I have seen many of their products labelled gluten-free too and are very inexpensive. Good luck!!!!

I like the Spring Valley line too. You could also drink orange juice with vitamin D and calcium. :)

I take the Bluebonnet brand of D3, which is a chewable raspberry flavor. Yummy. Mine are 2,000 IU but I don't know if they make them in other strengths. I get them at my local health food store.

I've also used Spring Valley vitamins.

is 5000 how much you're supposed to take when deficient?? i didnt know... my doc didnt say anything.. i just saw my lab results (cause i always request a copy)... anyways, im taking 4,000 a day of D3... is that gonna be enough?

hhmmm ... ?

mine are gluten free.. i get my supplements from the bloodtype doctor... everyone bashes him on here- but u know- all of my supplements are free of gluten, soy, corn, etc.. and great quality.. so, ya.