This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Fish Allergy?

rain

rain Contributor

Over this past week rotisserie chicken and fish have given me stomach aches. The ache is manageable but coupled with bloating and constipation. Plus I get that still hungry feeling that leads to the perpetual snacking. It seems to last about 8 hours.

Is this another food intolerance? I don't think it's a proper allergy because just a few weeks ago these same foods were clearly my 'safe' foods. Or is it something about how I'm eating them? Has anyone else gone thru this?

Another thought I had was that it was too many calories at one sitting (about 600 - 200 for fish, 300 for rice and vegetables and I always tack on an extra 100 for oil, etc).

Thanks for your thoughts!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Kelly777 Newbie

If you got your chicken already cooked at the grocery it may have wheat in it. Kroger's cooked chicken in the deli has wheat. I have only found cooked chicken with seasonings at Safeway and Costco. If your fish was seasoned or if you bought it in a bag there might be wheat in the seasoning or floured to keep it from sticking together. It's everywhere and I am so over it. Just got home from the grocery and a single trip takes me at least an hour because of reading the labels. I also have an intolerance to soy so I and I still have lactose intolerance so I really have to read the labels for everything. I love it when they say gluten, soy and dairy free right on the package. Makes life easier.

eatmeat4good Enthusiast

I agree.

Rotisserie chicken was my "go to" food the first few weeks I was recovering but I realized after a couple of chickens...it must not be safe.

I just forget about fast food.

A raw chicken goes in the oven and is done in an hour.

That is our fast food now.

Another thing might be if they use vegetable oil on the chicken...it is usually soy.

You might be sensitive to soy.

I wouldn't think the calories would make your stomach hurt.

IrishHeart Veteran

I agree--it's probably not the chicken or fish--it's the PREPARATION.

I cannot do soy either. I emailed the supermarkets we get ours from and both registered nutritionists on staff PROMISED me that no soy or gluten was used in the preparation of the rotisserie chickens or turkeys...but now, you have me wondering....because I sure as heck am not feeling any better....!!

arrgh...there goes another food ...LOL (but not really funny).... can I swear? good..(*&^$#! :D

rain Contributor

I like the idea about soy in the rotisserie. The fish I prepared at home but I've been cooking it from frozen (per the instruction) rather than thawing..maybe that's it?

I have noticed though, that this week I can eat lentil and other bean varieties with no problem. And that had been a big problem before, I hadn't been able to digest it. So I think I'm going to chalk this up to another phase in my digestion healing. I guess I just wait a bit and see if the meat is a problem then.

Thanks!

IrishHeart Veteran

I like the idea about soy in the rotisserie. The fish I prepared at home but I've been cooking it from frozen (per the instruction) rather than thawing..maybe that's it?

I have noticed though, that this week I can eat lentil and other bean varieties with no problem. And that had been a big problem before, I hadn't been able to digest it. So I think I'm going to chalk this up to another phase in my digestion healing. I guess I just wait a bit and see if the meat is a problem then.

Thanks!

Good for you that you are adding foods back in that were a problem before!

I am still in the "what now?" phase of healing where I cannot tell from day to day what will make me feel lousy.

So, hooray for you---eat up, girl, and enjoy!! (oops. I shouldn't assume that)...eat up, rain!:>)

rain Contributor

Good for you that you are adding foods back in that were a problem before!

I am still in the "what now?" phase of healing where I cannot tell from day to day what will make me feel lousy.

So, hooray for you---eat up, girl, and enjoy!! (oops. I shouldn't assume that)...eat up, rain!:>)

Thanks :) Funny it hadn't occurred to me that something was actually getting better! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

IrishHeart Veteran

Thanks :) Funny it hadn't occurred to me that something was actually getting better! :D

well, there it is then....Progress!! Good for you! :D I LOVE hearing about other people's progress on here---so inspirational!!

Archived