GRUMP 1

Taco Time

Rate this topic

I thought I saw on here one time a long time ago about tacos at Taco time were save to eat. Does any one have any info. on this one for me?

Thank you,

Forress

I thought I saw on here one time a long time ago about tacos at Taco time were save to eat. Does any one have any info. on this one for me?

Thank you,

Forress

Here is a link to their allergy information: But I could not get it to work...it's a start for you.

http://www.tacotimenw.com/tacotimemenu.aspx

Egads! I could only get part of the allergen menu to work, and not the taco portion. I could swear that I looked them up before and they were fine. But I could also swear that the Mexi Fries were safe too. And now it clearly says there is wheat in them. We just had some last week too. Daughter didn't get sick! But hers is an allergy and not celiac.

We did eat in there once and a woman ordered a burrito for her daughter. The daughter began eating it and then asked if there was wheat? The girl appeared to be about the same age as my daughter who is 12. The mother didn't know if there was wheat in it and asked. She was told that there was. To which she screamed, "But she can't HAVE wheat!" I don't know if she had celiac or an allergy or what. At least she didn't get sick while we were in there. But I just couldn't believe the mother had ordered her something like that without checking first. And honestly who wouldn't know that a burrito is made of wheat?

Further egads! I just went back and refreshed the PDF file. Now it loads for me. Says the taco shells contain wheat! But the white corn tortillas do not. I feel that the whole thing is not loading fully though.

I wonder? Could these things be cross contaminated? I really could swear that I looked before and they were fine. This file is dated 2011 so it is fairly new. Last time I looked was last year.

I also know if you contact them, they will never get back to you. I wrote to them several times about the soy in their food. Wanted to know if it was soy protein or soybean oil. I still don't know.