campbell7

My Negative Lab Results

Rate this topic

Hello,

My doctor said he would do a celiac panel, but I see he did not do some of the tests, however here are my results,

TTG ANTIBODY, IGA <3 Ref range, <5 U/ml

<5-8 equivocal

< 8 positive

IMMUNOGLOBULIN A 237 Ref range 81-463.

I was in a almost gluten free diet for 2.5 months before this. I tried to eat more gluten for almost 2 weeks and it was a torture.

I'm also waiting for my daughter's results, I will post them as well.

Could anyone tell me what this numbers mean :)

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

My doctor said he would do a celiac panel, but I see he did not do some of the tests, however here are my results,

TTG ANTIBODY, IGA <3 Ref range, <5 U/ml

<5-8 equivocal

< 8 positive

IMMUNOGLOBULIN A 237 Ref range 81-463.

I was in a almost gluten free diet for 2.5 months before this. I tried to eat more gluten for almost 2 weeks and it was a torture.

I'm also waiting for my daughter's results, I will post them as well.

Could anyone tell me what this numbers mean :)

Thanks in advance.

that's all he did???? thats not enough- and its possible that 2 week challenge may not have been enough for u..

it looks like your TTG Iga is Negative... and your Iga serum is within range-> which means your immune system is working well... and that any Iga test u get should be accurate.

but u did not have any Antigliadin antibodies tests.. or Endomysial Antibody... its not a very complete panel.. really is not definitive on whether u may have Celiac, or NonCeliac Gluten Intolerance.. or nothing..

Hello,

Even though your partial test was negative your gluten challenge has been positive. You have a choice, either continue on the gluten challenge for a couple more months and get a complete panel done or go by your positive challenge and go gluten free.

• Upvote 1

that's all he did???? thats not enough- and its possible that 2 week challenge may not have been enough for u..it looks like your TTG Iga is Negative... and your Iga serum is within range-> which means your immune system is working well... and that any Iga test u get should be accurate.but u did not have any Antigliadin antibodies tests.. or Endomysial Antibody... its not a very complete panel.. really is not definitive on whether u may have Celiac, or NonCeliac Gluten Intolerance.. or nothing..

Even though your partial test was negative your gluten challenge has been positive. You have a choice, either continue on the gluten challenge for a couple more months and get a complete panel done or go by your positive challenge and go gluten free.

Thanks cass and ravewoodglass for replying, I'm unsure of what to do next. My doctor lisents and I think he is trying to help me (he addressed my thyriod issue overlooked by other doctors) perhaps he didn't know all the test required.

Anyway he's going to check my vitamin levels(d, ferretin, b and k) since I've had issues with female spotting aparentely for no reason (OK pap, no infection) and I will mention the other tests, he also referred me to a GI already.

Is there perhaps a relation between bleeding and gluten intolerance???

Also I got my daughter's lab result and it was neg. I will pick them up tomorrow and see what tests they did.

I will post them tomorrow

Thanks cass and ravewoodglass for replying, I'm unsure of what to do next. My doctor lisents and I think he is trying to help me (he addressed my thyriod issue overlooked by other doctors) perhaps he didn't know all the test required.

Anyway he's going to check my vitamin levels(d, ferretin, b and k) since I've had issues with female spotting aparentely for no reason (OK pap, no infection) and I will mention the other tests, he also referred me to a GI already.

Is there perhaps a relation between bleeding and gluten intolerance???

Also I got my daughter's lab result and it was neg. I will pick them up tomorrow and see what tests they did.

I will post them tomorrow

there CAN be a link.... for me- gluten never affected my cycles- except maybe make them worse. but i was pretty regular even with my hypothyroid.

but ya- there have been many studies linking gluten to female problems including PCOS, Endometriosis, Fibroids, etc...

but also- Thyroid disorders are very likely to affect your cycles and your fertility.. big time.

good luck with it all!

so, are you dx with thyroid issues yet??? gluten is one of several agitators to the thyroid... even if you never get a definitive answer on your digestive tract- you may need to avoid gluten for your thyroid. im also avoiding gluten & soy for my thyroid disorders

Cass, yes I have Hashimoto's, dx last June after a miscarriage. I'm on 120 mg of Armour. My OB is the one helping me on this.

I had ovary pain ever since, but stopped when I reached my optimal dosis of Armour, and I know the link between Hashi's and ovaries, but this time since my cycles are normal, the spotting it's kind of odd and has been there for 1.5 months now, everything normal as per last week, ob recomended progesterone pills for 3 mo. the last 15 days of my cycle, but I will use the cream instad.