beachbumtoo

Smokeless Tobacco

Rate this topic

My oldest son was just diagnosed with Celiac Disease. He is a Grizzley Tobacco user but now every time he uses he gets nauseas and feels very ill. This has never happened to him before and he needs to stop using tobacco period but he is determined to find a product that doesn't make him sick, at least for an occasional dip. Does anyone know anything on this topic??

Hi beachbumtoo.

The best thing to do is to call the company and ask if their products/product contain wheat, barley or rye.

Hi beachbumtoo.

The best thing to do is to call the company and ask if their products/product contain wheat, barley or rye.

Thanks! I did but they said that they did not test their products for gluten but they thought they were safe. He tried a few of his favorites and got really sick. He is really upset and hasn't had a "dip" in about a week! We found out that Snus is safe and he is trying it.

After a diagnosis....many, if most all foods (gluten free or not) can be an issue. With digestive issues, I can only assume that tobacco might be an irritant.

One other thought on this is that possibly a secondary intolerance to Nightshades has surfaced. This includes, tomato, potato, tobacco and eggplant and all peppers. Do these other things bother him? Tobacco is in the Nightshade family.

Hopefully this is not the case, but if the gluten free tobacco makes him ill, you might want to consider it.

Thanks! I did but they said that they did not test their products for gluten but they thought they were safe. He tried a few of his favorites and got really sick. He is really upset and hasn't had a "dip" in about a week! We found out that Snus is safe and he is trying it.

If he has been without it for a week can you convince him to stay off it for good?