sickly

Undiagnosed Gluten Intolerance/celiac

Rate this topic

I am new this site and am so desperate to feel better right now!! I have had every test under the sun for any G.I. disorders and none diagnosed. The new G.I. i saw has put me on antibiotics for SIBO.

I have tried very, very hard to avoid anything with artificial sugars and gluten. I am going for my 2nd endoscopy on Monday. Should I continue to "be sick" for this test? I feel like there is no help for me out there!!

A question I have is when I am having an "episode" of illness, what can I do to make me feel better? I am sick for days, can't eat, can't drink, loose weight, etc.

At my wits end :(

• Upvote 1

Obviously, you can try the antibiotics for the SIBO. If thats truly the issue, hopefully it will help.

If you feel like you identify many of your symptoms with those of gluten intolerance (this is what I did) then yes, I would definitely recommend trying a gluten free diet to see if it helps you. Like you, I had every test I could think of and could never find a problem. I've been gluten free for 9 weeks now and I feel better than I have in years.

At this point, I suppose you should continue eating normally until the test, just in case it helps them find evidence of Celiac in your colon? Its up to you though. I have felt that for YEARS there was no help for me, either, but do not give you. Your body is reacting to SOMETHING. There is an answer that works for you - I hope you find that going gluten free brings you the relief that it has for me.

When I get sick - it could be any of a range of awful symptoms and plenty of pain - nothing seems to help. Drink water and if you eat, eat something safe like plain rice... something that is gluten free! Whenever I've been "glutened" since going gluten free, I find that I simply have to wait about a week and wait it out. There is nothing that can fix it, I simply must wait until its out of my system.

Please update this post after you receive your results. After your endoscopy, I would also say that, if you think gluten could be the issue, you should try a gluten-free diet. If you'd like, I have a personal document I keep which is a compiled list of tons of gluten free foods. When I first went gluten free, I was never sure what was safe or not, so I started compiling information from across this board and various manufacturer websites into one document to help me. If you'd like me to give it to you, let me know.

I hope you feel better, you have our support.

• Upvote 1

How did everything go? Any update for us? Are you now going to try going gluten free?