scottyg354

A Little Comic Relief

Rate this topic

I am going to the Gastro on Wednesday for a Colonoscopy, hopefully the beggining of some answers. I am going to push for the Celiac blood test as well as testing for other intolerance too. My question is this. When the hell did they change the colon clean from 6 oz to a whole freaking gallon?!?! This should definetely make my Tuesday night exciting. LOL.

It seems to depend on the doctor. Mine prescribed pills that were GYNORMOUS! The dose was 4 every 15 minutes until I had taken 12.....this was at 11am. Then the same thing around 5pm. They were very difficult to swallow. Ugh! Other doctors around here use the liquid. At any rate, stay hydrated! Good luck.

I am going to the Gastro on Wednesday for a Colonoscopy, hopefully the beggining of some answers. I am going to push for the Celiac blood test as well as testing for other intolerance too. My question is this. When the hell did they change the colon clean from 6 oz to a whole freaking gallon?!?! This should definetely make my Tuesday night exciting. LOL.

I did the whole gallon, too. It seriously wasn't that bad until the diarrhea hit hard but even that wasn't that awful. I'm in so much pain from a back injury that diarrhea (about 20 times) took my mind off my back for a few hours! :P

Good luck! I hope all goes well.

You'll certainly be flush with excitement or anticipation after that monster gallon. Brings back memories. I was so happy when my followup a year later was only fir an upper.. just fasting.. no other prep needed. The nurse laughed at my overwhelmingly happy response to being told that little fact.

CS

How on earth did you get away with only 6 oz the first time?? :o

How on earth did you get away with only 6 oz the first time?? :o

Dunno. They called it peptic soda. It was a clear liquid that tasted like Sprite. But man it cleared me out.

LMAO!!!! Good luck scottyg. Glad you have a sense of humor about it. Sometimes laughter is the best medicine. Sent you a pm this morning. Have a look. I'll send you an update about Jerry's kids and you can fill me in on the details and findings of your testing......."mama tried to raise me better but her pleading I denied, that leaves only me to blame cuz mama tried..."