KathrynL

Digestive Symptoms Not Reoccurring On Gluten Challenge?

Rate this topic

I'm on Day 4 of a gluten challenge, and the digestive symptoms (severe diarrhea, cramping) that originally precipitated my gluten-free diet are not reoccurring. Has this ever happened to anyone? I have had an IgG positive test to gliadin and my gluten-free diet did cause my original digestive symptoms to go away.

Since starting the gluten challenge, I have had fatigue, flu-like symptoms, bloating, gas, and joint pain. However, the diarrhea and cramping haven't reappeared. Could this mean I'm really not gluten intolerant or that I dont' have Celiac's?

I did the gluten challenge for three months and had NO symptoms whatsoever (but then I did not have any before, either). But my biopsies and bloodwork show without a shadow of a doubt I do indeed have celiac disease.

I'm on Day 4 of a gluten challenge, and the digestive symptoms (severe diarrhea, cramping) that originally precipitated my gluten-free diet are not reoccurring. Has this ever happened to anyone? I have had an IgG positive test to gliadin and my gluten-free diet did cause my original digestive symptoms to go away.

Since starting the gluten challenge, I have had fatigue, flu-like symptoms, bloating, gas, and joint pain. However, the diarrhea and cramping haven't reappeared. Could this mean I'm really not gluten intolerant or that I dont' have Celiac's?

All this means is that your system is reacting differently. There are no false positive tests that I have heard of. There are times I will get one set of symptoms with a glutening then have another different set with another glutening. You are still having gluten symptoms though with the bloating, gas, etc. Sorry. :(

• Upvote 1