julandjo

My Chocolate Trial Fail

Rate this topic

It'd been 8 months since I've tasted chocolate. I last tried Enjoy Life choc. chips and it wasn't good. But yesterday I was hungry and hormonal and saw that bag and thought what the heck, it's re-trial time! I ate 1/2 ounce and waited a few hours and was fine. So then I went a little crazy (I've been on an extremely limited diet for almost a year, you understand) and ate 6 ounces of choc chips! Holy fazoli I couldn't stop myself, it was like I'd died and gone to a chocolatey heaven!! Well several hours later I had a migraine. And heart palpitations. And my guts felt like lead. And now, a day later, I've got a severe "chocolate hangover", complete with migraine. Oy. Goodbye forever, sweet chocolate. :(

There's no point to this post. I'm just publicly saying goodbye to a dear, dear old friend. :P

Oh hon, sorry! :o

I think you just flooded yourself with too much of a "good thing" that you haven't eaten in a while. Your body is so clean. Either the sugar cane juice or the cocoa was too much and made you jittery. (I have felt this way after those chocolate chips myself and have decided I need to wait a few more months for chocolatey goodness.)

Either that or --you say you are hormonal---is your migraine connected to that? I used to get the WORST migraines just before periods. UGLY!!

I have to say that I can't believe how many food groups you have had to eliminate. I am astonished. :o:blink::o And, in awe.

I feel deprived and I only eliminated soy and dairy with the gluten.

Have you tried to reintroduce ANY of those foods yet?? Just wondering...and hoping that you can eat a wider variety soon!

I've never had a migraine headache, but I know someone who says her headaches are triggered by chocolate. (But she can eat Peanut M&M's.)

I have neurological effects from my gluten intolerance. I avoided soy and dairy for several months, which eliminated virtually all chocolate. Now I can have one or two Hershey's Dark Chocolate Nuggets with Almonds occasionally and I positively swoon over the moon.

(Still avoiding soy and dairy...scared to try again.)

Good luck :)

You could try plain cocoa powder in something to see if it really is the problem. Or switch to carob powder for your chocolcate-like fix. Or just do without, who really needs that stuff anyway? :)