element192

True Protein Anyone?

Rate this topic

Hi Everyone,

In addition to Celiac Disease it appears as though I have some kind of milk reaction and I get severe stomach aches when I take my normal whey protein powder (which is specifically marked gluten free). So I've been looking into some alternatives and found that rice, gemma, and hemp powders to be the most recommended. I was also referred to True Protein (www.truprotein.com) to order these.

Each of the powders I was looking at says "This product is free from all forms of shell fish, tree nuts, yeast, gluten, salt, preservatives, lactose, and soy" but then goes on to say "This product is manufactured in a facility that handles soy, gluten, and milk products."

I'm still fairly new to this gluten free thing so I don't know what my sensitivity level is or anything but I generally stay away from things that are produced in shared facilities like that. But on some other gluten free "athlete" site I saw that True Protein was recommended. Anyone on here have experience with anything from the site? Or maybe some other suggestions for reasonably priced protein powders?

Thanks.