Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jeanne-

Where Are These Food Sensitivities Coming From?

UPDATE:

I stopped eating ALL TRACES of rice and corn and grains 20 days ago.

I can now eat:

Avocados (without getting diarrhea)

Hemp seeds

Spinach

The reaction to these foods is 80% better. These are the only 3 foods I have tested (I'm too afraid to try others, LOL, because my reaction used to be so severe). Each day I notice a little more improvement. Also, I have always lost about 100 hairs when showering. Now I'm losing 6.

So there has been a HUGE improvement. I have read it can take up to 2 months to be able eat the harmless foods again once eliminating grains.

Amazing!!!

UPDATE:

I stopped eating ALL TRACES of rice and corn and grains 20 days ago.

I can now eat:

Avocados (without getting diarrhea)

Hemp seeds

Spinach

The reaction to these foods is 80% better. These are the only 3 foods I have tested (I'm too afraid to try others, LOL, because my reaction used to be so severe). Each day I notice a little more improvement. Also, I have always lost about 100 hairs when showering. Now I'm losing 6.

So there has been a HUGE improvement. I have read it can take up to 2 months to be able eat the harmless foods again once eliminating grains.

very interesting- and i believe it.

but question- how in the world do u avoid all traces of corn?????? i also do bad with corn- but i cant avoid it all- it's in my breath strips, in my gluten-free creamer, in my advil, in my prescription meds... it's INSANEEEEEEE

Corn is super hard to avoid. Since it is not a top 8 allergen it doesn't have to be labeled, and CC doesn't have to be labeled.

Our strategy for avoiding it is to:

1. Use almost nothing that comes from a factory.

2. Call manufacturers and ask questions about produced things that we do need to use.

We probably do touch things with corn - so much stuff you'd never think of (plastic-like materials, for example) is made of it. Fortunately none of us are that sensitive.

Even getting traces orally from cross-contaminated lines means my son gets a terribly congested head, though.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana