Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marie1976

Endoscopy Yesterday

Well I had my endo yesterday. I was so stressed about it but it went fine. I laid on my side under a blanket, they fluffed my pillow, put a mouth guard in my mouth, and then they put the drugs in my IV and I was out. The next thing I knew someone was waking me up in the recovery room. I had a little bit of a sore throat afterward, and an upset stomach but I took some Immodium and some Tylenol and rested the rest of the day and I'm fine.

The doctor showed me pictures (gross!) and said the folds are suspicious for celiac disease but the biopsy results will be another week or two. He said to go ahead and do the gluten free diet now. (My blood tests showed celiac already.) So now I'm a gluten free vegan. Rice cakes, anyone? Ha ha.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Glad to hear everything went well for you. Now you can get started on the healing. I hope your feeling much better soon.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

nah, corn tortillas ;-)

Rice cakes are an abusive to rice.

2/2010 Malabsorption becomes dramatically noticable

3/2010 Negative IgA EMA; negative IgA TTG

4/2010 Negative biopsy

5/2010 Elimination diet; symptoms begin to resolve on gluten-free diet round two (10 days)

5/2010 Diagnosed gluten sensitive based on weakly positive repeat IgA & IgG TTGs and dietary response; decline capsule endoscopy.

Now, what to do about my cookbook in progress? Make it gluten-free?

Mmm, I love apple cinnamon rice cakes :)

Neroli

"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted." - Albert Einstein

"Life is not weathering the storm; it is learning to dance in the rain"

"Whatever the question, the answer is always chocolate." Nigella Lawson

------------

Caffeine free 1973

Lactose free 1990

(Mis)diagnosed IBS, fibromyalgia '80's and '90's

Diagnosed psoriatic arthritis 2004

Self-diagnosed gluten intolerant, gluten-free Nov. 2007

Soy free March 2008

Nightshade free Feb 2009

Citric acid free June 2009

Potato starch free July 2009

(Totally) corn free Nov. 2009

Legume free March 2010

Now tolerant of lactose

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Plain rice cakes with peanut butter. Yum! Can't quite picture peanut butter on corn tortillas. :blink:

Sylvia

Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009

Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010

Gluten Free - April 9, 2010