Rate this topic

Received results of IGg from BioTek ($235.00). Now I'm confused because the only foods it said I should avoid are dairy, eggs, asparagus, bananas, and cane sugar. But, wheat, rye are very low on the scale. Can anyone tell me what's up?

Well, I guess it means that even though you have an autoimmune response to gluten, you are not allergic to it. I assume this was an ELISA test??

There is some interesting reading here:

http://www.tldp.com/issue/174/IgG%20Food%20Allergy.html

• Upvote 1

Received results of IGg from BioTek ($235.00). Now I'm confused because the only foods it said I should avoid are dairy, eggs, asparagus, bananas, and cane sugar. But, wheat, rye are very low on the scale. Can anyone tell me what's up?

Like many celiacs you don't seem to have allgeries to wheat and associated grains. Celiac Disease tho it involves the immune system is not an allergic response in the same way that an allergy is. I have seen celiac disease referred to as a delayed allergic or immune response but the process is different. It is possible that if you did not do a wheat and rye challange diet then these could be false negative results. In some allergy tests any elevation above normal is significant.

IgG antibodies are only formed if you are consuming it, too, so if you've been gluten-free since last year, they're probably basically gone.