atb913

Gluten Free And Hives?

Rate this topic

I have been gluten free for 10 days now and initially the results were startling. I felt a thousand times better! I still feel better than I previously did, but some of my angioedema is trying to rear it's ugly head and I feel like the fatigue is creeping back up.

I haven't accidentally glutened, so I'm wondering if this is a result of the gluten leaving my gut tissues. Is this possible? Has anybody else dealt with this? Is there a way to detox quickly so that my villi can start to heal?

Can you absolutely rule out CCing?

I think you got into something that caused you to have that reaction. :(

• Upvote 1

I don't believe I have. I'm a bit of a label freak since my son has a soy intolerance. I cook from scratch for the most part, but the few commercially prepped foods I purchased I went online to doublecheck (ingredients such as modified food starch and the like). All were listed as gluten free. I don't eat gluten free bread, so the toaster isn't a culprit, and I use a glass cutting board.

If it isn't a release reaction, my main concern is nightshades. I'm already aware of a salicylate reaction, so I avoid those.

I was planning on being completely gluten free for a month before I went casein free too, but maybe I should bump that up.

I have been gluten free for 10 days now and initially the results were startling. I felt a thousand times better! I still feel better than I previously did, but some of my angioedema is trying to rear it's ugly head and I feel like the fatigue is creeping back up.

I haven't accidentally glutened, so I'm wondering if this is a result of the gluten leaving my gut tissues. Is this possible? Has anybody else dealt with this? Is there a way to detox quickly so that my villi can start to heal?

I don't know what you exact diagnosis is, but hives are an allergic reaction. If you have Celiac, then you have an autoimmune disorder and is not an allergy. If you have a wheat allergy, then hives are something to be expected.

If you have Celiac and are getting allergic reactions, then you need to find out what food is giving you those symptoms so you can avoid that in addition to gluten. Do you keep a food journal? This is a great time to start. Keep track of all the food you eat and your symptoms. You will soon see patterns with your food intake and external symptoms. Hopefully you can track down what food is causing the hives.

Good luck!

One thing I noticed with both myself and my little girl, is that once we went gluten free (6 months apart from each other), all of the sudden other foods that our bodies were somehow coping with (tolerating) made us react. Corn gave us both hives, dairy gave my daughter a rash and me the big D. I also recommend a food journal. We pinpointed things pretty quickly over the course of a few weeks.

atb913

I just sent you a private post...

mamaw