This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Tea?

SteveW

SteveW Rookie

I have an e mail into Yogi tea to find out how they seal there tea bags.

While I'm waiting I figured I'd ask here. I

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

flagbabyds Collaborator

All bigellow teas are seales with heat and they are all gluten-free except camamile

seeking-wholeness Explorer

Steve,

I MAY have had a reaction to Yogi tea (Ginger Lemon, or something like that) the one time I drank it since going gluten-free. I tried calling the phone number on the box before I drank it, but I just got their voice mail. Not good enough when I'm visiting a close friend I haven't seen in at least a year and she offers me tea! So I tried it and ended up with a headache before the visit was over. I can't be 100% sure the tea was responsible (it could have been a hunger headache, although I almost never get those anymore since going gluten-free, even when I am VERY hungry), but I won't be drinking any more of it until and unless I speak with a customer service representative who can actually give me some facts!

seeking-wholeness Explorer

flagbabyds,

Why is Bigelow chamomile tea not gluten-free? I'm just curious since I like a cup of chamomile tea every now and then.

gf4life Enthusiast

I have conflicting information as to the gluten-free status of bigelow teas, so I just e-mailed the company. I'll share the info when they get back to me.

The chamomile seems to be gluten-free. At least it is on the list of gluten-free teas I have, but that is why I am double checking. Some of their teas are also NOT dairy free, so I requested a list of the ones with dairy also, so I can avoid those too.

Celestial Seasonings is good, and they are labeling their packages as gluten free, for the teas that are infact gluten-free.

God bless,

Mariann

SteveW Rookie

Well I got a response from Yogi Tea about the bags.

Dear Steve:

Thank you for the email regarding the tea bag closure. We do not use any glue or adhesives on the tea bags. They are heat sealed.

Best wishes,

Valerie Crowley

Yogi Tea

They say on there web site that the tea is gluten-free but produced in a factory that also contains Gluten.

Archived