Rate this topic

My husband and I want to have the gene test to see our predisposition to celiac disease. When we bring it up with doctors, they essentially blow us off stating that the test is too expensive since it will not be covered by insurance yet they cannot tell us how much it is. I only want a ball park of what to expect as we want to have this testing done. Does anyone know? We live in New York State so we are not permitted to order My Celiac ID or Enterolab tests. I am annoyed by this, but living in New York I have learned that the politicians here spend alot of time "protecting us from ourselves". I appreciate any information anyone can give me. I would like to move forward with this, but don't want to find out after the fact that it is thousands of dollars for each of us. Thanks!

Can you use a friends or relatives address where the test is available? The website of My Celiac ID says results are emailed to you so theres no way of them knowing what state you are really in. Just a thought...

I did try to have it sent to me at a relative's address, but since my billing address for my credit card is a New York address I was not permitted to place the order.

I had the genetic marker assay at Enterolab in 2006, the cost was about $200.

www.enterolab.com has a price list on the website.

I did try to have it sent to me at a relative's address, but since my billing address for my credit card is a New York address I was not permitted to place the order.

perhaps a money order?