asickdaddy

When You Quit The Gluten Did Your Body Detox It Naturally? Via The Bathroom?

Rate this topic

I hate to be graphic but unfortunately I think celiac is a graphically challenged discussion item.

Anyway, since quitting gluten and dairy 2 weeks ago, my bowels have normalized. I was chronically constipated and eventually would be in pain.

Gluten and dairy free, I have an urge daily to go to the bathroom.

Not diarrhea, semi healthy appearing evacuations.

Although, this last weeks its been shall I say a little curious looking. Sandy, and Flakey.

My diet is pretty much rice, vegetables, chicken, turkey.

My only real splurges have been potato chips and iced tea.

Anyway, I wonder is my body detoxing? I have not felt great. And it seems like I am purging something, and of course the bowels seem interesting.

Whats happening?

I am five months gluten-free and still have spells like this, some people they normalize after a week and stay that way some people it can take years! Weird thing is ive been drinking ice tea last couple of days and had the 'flakiness' the last couple of days too, wonder if its related? I'm not a huge ice tea drinker either, it was a treat. Hmmm. I think if it persists go and see a doctor about it, it may just be your body getting rid of as much gluten traces as possible, but it could be something else your allergic too. I found out last month why i was still experiencing the same symptoms as before was because i have an allergy to soy!

The experts tell us that a person should have a bowel movement within an hour after eating, so that's 3 bms a day for most people. This helps us flush out the bowel and reduce the amount of toxins that can be adsorbed into the body. It is also likely that the swelling and inflammation in the small intestine has decreased so that your bile system is now able to work better. The congestion in the bile system - gall bladder and tubules in the liver are releasing lots of bile sludge and probably some bile stones. This is also getting toxins out of your body. I have read a number of messages similar to yours and it usually clears up after a while. If it doesn't your Dr may want to test for gall stones.

The experts tell us that a person should have a bowel movement within an hour after eating, so that's 3 bms a day for most people. This helps us flush out the bowel and reduce the amount of toxins that can be adsorbed into the body. It is also likely that the swelling and inflammation in the small intestine has decreased so that your bile system is now able to work better. The congestion in the bile system - gall bladder and tubules in the liver are releasing lots of bile sludge and probably some bile stones. This is also getting toxins out of your body. I have read a number of messages similar to yours and it usually clears up after a while. If it doesn't your Dr may want to test for gall stones.

Who are these so-called "experts"? Could you please provide a credible link for more info.