Roda

Betty Crocker

Rate this topic

I made the snickerdoodles from gluten free Bisquik. The only thing I did different is add 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. of xanthan gum. They were fantastic the best ones I have made yet. Everyone loved them!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/snickerdoodles-gluten-free/7f55976d-c482-42aa-82f5-72f8c7fd3600?itemId=33f6045e-b22d-445e-b85e-5bb40d4a4606&sc=Gluten+Free+Baking&term=Gluten+Free

I have also made the sugar cookies out of the yellow cake mix. First time I thought they were to crumbly so the next time I added 1/4 tsp. of xanthan gum and they were perfect!

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/sugar-cookies-gluten-free/f607fd69-55c5-48ef-98ab-207082fbb376?itemId=33f6045e-b22d-445e-b85e-5bb40d4a4606&sc=Gluten+Free+Baking&term=Gluten+Free

These are great to make up ahead and freeze and add to the lunch box.

I was wondering if I could use buttermilk instead of regular milk with the gluten-free bisquick (as recipes calls for) when I attempt to make pancakes this coming wkend? I am the worlds worst cook & can do barely more than boil water : )

I don't see why not. I have substituted almond and coconut milk before for the waffles. It does affect the texture and cooking time but they turned out great.

Hey Gang: Worlds worst cook here : ) I made bisquick gluten-free pancakes with buttermilk & they were decent. It called for 1 cup milk & I used buttermilk instead. The batter seemed too thick so I added a little more. My DD ate them with one minor complaint--too buttery. Well at least she ate! I wasn't sure what to do with leftover batter so I made more & am freezing them for another day. I hope that they will taste the same. What would be the best way to defrost them? Microwave might make them mushy.

The box is bisquick is 1lb & you only get 2 chances to make pancakes & it cost $4!!!

DAMN!

Make them Mushy? No it won't, put it in there for one minute and it will be piping hot :)

I wasn't sure what to do with leftover batter so I made more & am freezing them for another day. I hope that they will taste the same. What would be the best way to defrost them? Microwave might make them mushy.

I have actually frozen leftover pancake batter - thawed it very carefully using a combination of microwave (low - defrost), stirring, and sitting out. The pancakes came out fine - honestly could not tell the difference. They tasted better than reheating frozen pancakes (which I used to do).

The waffles freeze well. I make up several batches at a time. I do not keep then on the iron as long if I know I am freezing them. To defrost I just pop the frozen waffle in the toaster (you'll have to tinker to find the right setting) and when it pops out it is hot and crispy! YUM