Rate this topic

I only heard of this food yesterday but apparently it is common in Mexico and Spain. It's basically spaghetti, often with chicken, beef or beans added in a tomato sauce. But... The difference between it and Italian spaghetti is that the spaghetti noodles are broken in small pieces and browned in oil. Would rice or corn pasta actually brown? Also the pasta is cooked in the sauce rather than boiling it in water. Not sure gluten-free pasta would hold up to that.

I did once make a regular spaghetti when I was a kid that was done in a skillet in sauce. The pasta was cooked right in the sauce. Must not have been a hit for our family because I don't remember making it again.

Thanks!

I think that you could brown the gluten free pasta's just as you do wheat pasta. You could also cook them in the sauce, but you are right, they might disintegrate. It's worth a try though.

I think that you could brown the gluten free pasta's just as you do wheat pasta. You could also cook them in the sauce, but you are right, they might disintegrate. It's worth a try though.

Thanks!